Google
Archive
Data

Discussion > Video Database

I would like to ask anyone, what are you using as a video databas software? I have a tons of my own clips in MKV and looking for a decent database software. All I care about is to be able to index the clips by keywords. Thank you. M.

October 2, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMarek

Marek...

I organize all my work in to job folders and then files are organized in bins after that. From what I understand... Adobe Bridge has the ability to organize your video files, much the same way something like Lightroom or Aperture organizes your photos.

To be honest... I don't use it... but i've been meaning to play with it a little.

chrisfenwick

October 4, 2010 | Registered CommenterChris Fenwick

Chris,

thank you for the input. Will test it. I am very impressed with your web and tutorial. Absolutely fantastic.
Thank you again.

Marek

October 4, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMarek

Marek... you should also check on the side bar and click on the tutorial called. "Finding Offline Files"... it outlines a bit of how to orgainize and find things on drives that are OFFLINE...

thx for reading.

October 4, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterChris Fenwick

Thanks again Chris. Marek

Chris,

just tried Adobe Bridge. Just wanted to let you know that I tried to assign keywords to one of my clip in MKV file but Bridge will not allow to store XMP metadata to MKV files. The reason I why use MKV capsule (or container) with H.264 codec is that it beautifully compresses the original file without loosing original footage quality. Will keep searching. I may create my own database in Access after all.

Marek